Wedding Day Checklist
Join our Newsletter!For ideas, advice and great money saving ideas for your wedding
Wedding Day Checklist
What follows is a checklist of the sort of things you should complete to ensure the smooth running of proceedings on your special day.
Not everything in this list will apply to all weddings, nor is it claimed to be a complete list either.
Use it as a starting point to formulate your own wedding day checklist.
To do as soon as you can
These are the things that either affect everything else (like the wedding date) or are of greater emotional importance (like maybe the ceremony venue).
- Select a wedding date.
- Discuss budget and who pays for what.
- Set a limit to the size of the reception.
- Discuss the style of reception.
- Confirm date with officiant - Pay deposit.
- Book Ceremony location - Pay deposit.
- Book Reception location - Pay deposit.
- Book Caterers if required - Pay deposit
- Book Photographer - Pay deposit.
- Book Videographer - Pay deposit.
- Book Hire Cars - Pay deposit.
- Select Wedding Dress - Pay deposit.
- Schedule wedding gown fitting.
- Select Bridesmaid Dresses - Pay deposit.
- Schedule Bridesmaids fitting.
- Start looking for Florist.
- Start looking for DJ.
- Start looking for MC.
6 Months before your wedding day
At the six month mark you should have all your major services sorted and have a pretty good idea what you'd like for the rest.
- Book Florist - Pay deposit.
- Book DJ - Pay deposit.
- Book MC - Pay deposit.
- Sign contract/agreement with Church/Council/venue for ceremony location.
- Sign contract/agreement with Reception Centre.
- Sign contract/agreement with Caterers.
- Sign contract/agreement with Photographer.
- Sign contract/agreement with Videographer.
- Sign contract/agreement with Hire Car company.
- Sign contract/agreement with Courtiere.
- Sign contract/agreement with Florist.
- Sign contract/agreement with DJ.
- Sign contract/agreement with MC.
- Get a rough guest list together
3 Months before your wedding day
Getting closer to the day, you should have a pretty good picture in your head if how the day will unfold and how it will look. Now is the time to finalise the style of your day.
- Order Cake - Pay Deposit.
- Choose Formal Wear for Groom and attendants.
- Book site hire equip (Marquee, dance floor, tables, chairs, crockery & cutlery)
- Book decorator - Pay deposit.
- Book hairdresser - book trial style - Pay deposit.
- Book make-up artist - pay deposit.
- Coordinate make-up trial and pre-wedding photo shoot (and hair style too if possible).
- Organise Bridal Registry.
- Finalise guest list.
- Organise invitations/stationery.
- Choose Honeymoon - pay deposit.
2 Months to go before the wedding
Not long now.
- Send invitations.
- Start getting weekly facials.
- Book wedding night motel room - Pay deposit.
- Start thinking about wedding vows.
1 Month to go
Basically you just need to confirm with everyone (that you've not been in regular contact with) that they all have the correct date, time and venues.
- Confirm details with Ceremony Officiant
- Confirm details with Ceremony Venue
- Confirm details with Reception Venue
- Confirm details with Caterers
- Confirm details with Event Hire
- Confirm details with Decorators
- Confirm details with Photographer
- Confirm details with Videographer
- Confirm details with Car Hire
- Confirm details with Formal Hire
- Confirm details with Florist
- Confirm details with Courtiere
- Confirm Honeymoon suite details
- Confirm Honeymoon details
- Confirm details with DJ.
- Confirm details with MC.
- Buy the rings.
- Schedule wedding rehearsal
- Confirm all accessories for your look are ready (Tiara, Veil, Earrings, Necklace etc)
- Buy gifts for Bridesmaids, Groomsmen, Ushers etc.
- Finalise Vows
1 or 2 weeks left
Tidy up all those loose ends
- Have make-up trial and photo shoot.
- Have hair style trial - (with Veil).
- Finalise reception guest numbers and inform caterers.
- Finalise reception seating and inform venue.
- Pack for honeymoon.
- Final consultation with Officiant.
- Final consultation with Videographer.
- Final consultation with Photographer.
- Wedding rehearsal.
- Pack a small bag with: Bandaids, safety pins, tissues, lippy, needle & thread, hairspray, bobby pins, eye drops, analgesics & any other little emergency fixer.
- Request tables for the presents, cake, wishing well, etc
- Wear your wedding shoes around the house to wear them in (same with him if they're new)
- Write down a schedule for your wedding day, make copies and distribute to bridal party and helpers.
The day before your wedding day
Relax and take it easy. Don't panic if some of your plans have fallen through. If you expect everything to be perfect you'll probably be dissapointed, something always goes wrong. On the otherhand, if you expect the day to be fantastic, it will seem perfect!
- Organise outstanding payments for wedding services in to clearly marked envelopes and give them to the Best Man.
- Be prepared for a good (low GI) breakfast for tomorrow - You'll need the energy.
- Prepare healthy snacks for the day - bet you forgot about lunch in your schedule?
- Touch base with everyone to ensure they're all prepared and organised.
- Try to take it easy and get pampered - facial, manicure, etc
- Have a herbal (sleepy) tea and get to bed early.
- Sleep (if you can)
On your wedding day
Relax and smile and relax and smile.
- Eat that breakfast you organised yesterday.
- Remember your emergency pack (Bandaids, lippy etc).
- Enjoy the ride.